This seems to be a parallel deterministic solver for non-convex MINLPs. Some things I noticed:
- !np.easy : cute (but nonsense of course: some problems just remain difficult).
- "The first massively parallel Deterministic Global Optimization solver for general non-convex MINLPs."
- Symbolic manipulation: like some other global solvers they need the symbolic form of the problem so they can reason about this. I.e. no black-box problems.
- Support for AMPL and Pyomo
- "Octeract Engine has implementations of algorithms that guarantee convergence to a global optimum in finite time. The correctness of the majority of the calculations are ensured through a combination of interval arithmetic and infinite precision arithmetic."
- It looks like the benchmarks  are against itself (so always a winner).
- "Massively parallel" makes me think about thousands of cores. The benchmarks do not seem to report anything like this (mostly 1,4 and 8 cores).
- I don't see any names on the web site. The About Company section is unusually vague. I received some more links with additional background info [4,5].
Some of the competing solvers are Baron, Couenne, and Antigone.