Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.
I found lots of messages about this. This bug seems to bug users for a long time. Even though some of these reports are closed as "Resolved" by the developers, I encountered this problem just today. Here was my solution (from ):
I.e. two DLLs were in the wrong directory.
Immediately after this I noticed a second problem:
A third problem is that conda install sometimes takes forever.
All these problems are not unique to me. Using google, I see lots of other users having the same or similar problems.
I had hoped that this would be a bit less painful. This was a standard install on a standard windows machine. This really should not give all these problems.