Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Anaconda Python Install

The installation of anaconda 64 bit on my windows laptop worked fine. But then all conda and pip commands came back with the fatal error:

Can't connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.

I found lots of messages about this. This bug seems to bug users for a long time. Even though some of these reports are closed as "Resolved" by the developers, I encountered this problem just today. Here was my solution (from [1]):



I.e. two DLLs were in the wrong directory.


Immediately after this I noticed a second problem:



A third problem is that conda install sometimes takes forever.

All these problems are not unique to me. Using google, I see lots of other users having the same or similar problems.

I had hoped that this would be a bit less painful. This was a standard install on a standard windows machine. This really should not give all these problems.

References


  1. https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/8273

No comments:

Post a Comment