Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Implementing Parsers

During my transatlantic flight I was reading

Although it was a good read I expected a little bit more info about implementing funky languages and some advice about that. Actually this book is largely about parsing (parsing using the ANTRL parser generator to be more precise) and largely about traditional programming languages.

I usually write simple recursive-descent parsers directly (i.e. without the aid of a parser generator) as typically I only parse very simple things. in addition I feel a little more sure-footed this way as I have a little bit more control to handle an occasional dirty thing. So this is a little bit outside my direct interest. However, I learned a bit about memoizing parsers, a term I was not yet familiar with.

No comments:

Post a Comment