Friday, June 27, 2008

GAMS/SCIP license

As I understand it GAMS/COINSCIP can only be licensed to academic users. I am not a lawyer but I suspect this may violate the COIN CPL license (

"Subject to the terms of this Agreement, each Contributor hereby grants Recipient a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, distribute and sublicense the Contribution of such Contributor, if any, and such derivative works, in source code and object code form."

It is possible to use a different license as long as: it complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. As GAMS/COINSCIP is part of any GAMS distribution I would guess I qualify as a Recipient.